Wednesday, July 1, 2015

*July Currently*



Listening

What have I done this summer BESIDES watch HGTV....hmmmmm....not a whole awful lot! I don't know if it's because we are currently building our new home, because I am completely lazy, or because I simply love home DIYs, but I love this channel! My favorite shows are Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, Househunters, Flip or Flop, Beachfront Bargain, Lake Life, I could go on and on and on and on! 99% of the time, my background/life soundtrack is HGTV!

Loving

In true bum style, my loving for this month is sleeping in until 10:00 every day! Yes...every. single. day. I justify this by thinking about my 5:30 A.M. wake up call that I have every other month of the school year! So do I feel guilty? NOT ONE BIT! Ahhhh! This is what I call "recharging" the batteries!


Thinking

Wow. As I type today's post it just gets better and better and lazier and lazier. Currently, I am listening to HGTV, loving sleeping 1/2 the day away and am currently thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch. HA! Only other teachers can truly appreciate this. And I know y'all understand. So, I have no shame. A diet coke would be fabulous right about now......maybe some french fries, too? Hmmmm......my choices are so hard these days. 

Wanting

I am watching the time tick by for when my husband gets home from work! 5:00 can't come fast enough! We are packed up and ready to head to the beach for the 4th of July! He is in the best mood because it's his "vacation." It must be hard only getting a few days a year *sigh*. Either way, I am ready for some QT and to have a beachfront view! Hurry up 5:00!

Needing

So, I have in my brain that after this 4th of July week of vacation, I am really going to buckle down and start carving out a plan for what I'm doing next year. Anyone who follows me knows that I have some big changes in store for the coming year. I have taught kindergarten for the past 7 years and after my husband and I moved in May, I have a new job at a new school teaching 3rd grade. It is definitely going to be different! I am excited, however, I truly do not even know where to start. So, I really do need to buckle down and get a grip on this very new reality. Anyone who can share 3rd grade ideas, I will be forever grateful!

All Star

I love the theme that Farley chose for Currently this month! It's awesome and I can't wait to watch the USA kick butt in the final! I feel I am an All Star at seeing things in a positive light. I have always been a "glass 1/2 full" person and I tend to see the good in people and situations. I try at least! Optimism is always a good quality to have and I feel it really does make difficult decisions and situations a little bit easier to swallow or sort out!

If you're interested in linking up and sharing your Currently for July, head on over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade and share! The rules are below...super simple and fun! Just make sure you link up to your own Currently July post so others can see what you are up to! You can link up by clicking the hyperlink above or the icon below!



*Happy Bloggin!*


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a new teaching job! It can be scary to move to another grade, but super exciting at the same time. I'm sure you will do great!!
    Pam
    Mrs. P’s Specialties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get being nervous and anxious for switching grade levels! I haven't switched yet since I'm only 3 years in but thinking about it makes me ANXIOUS. I'd love to know how you plan out your curriculum for the year in the summer - it's something I'd love to do but struggle to do it! Have a fun time at the beach!

    Camie

    ReplyDelete