Thursday, May 30, 2013

Celebration Time!

Today was an exciting day in my classroom! My babies are all ready for first grade, so we had a kindergarten-wide Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places, You'll Go! themed Celebration. The kids have been practicing the songs for about a month. They nailed it today and sounded fantastic! Lucky for us, my school is right beside a church, so we are allowed to use the church for certain performances. When we got to the church, it was packed with parents and friends! I was worred they would get nervous, but they did great dancing down the aisle of the church to "Celebrate" by Kool and the Gang.

After getting onstage we sang three more times. We also sang "The Kindergarten Class" to the tune of The Addams Family song, "K-I-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-T-E-N" to the tune of "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E." The grand finale was "First Grade, First Grade" to the tune of "New York, New York." They did such a great job! After singing, we gave out our superlative awards for each student. The kids danced out of the church to "ABC, 123" by The Jackson Five. The parents then came over to our classroom for the reception--a Luau themed party! Here are two pictures from our reception/celebration.

I got each of my kids a luau themed bag from the dollar tree and put their names on them with fabric paint. Inside the bag were some summer activities donated from our school (workbooks, letter magnets, glue sticks, storybooks, handwriting paper), a visor with their names written on them, a class picture of all of us together, and one of my favorite storybooks, Giraffes Can't Dance. I also had a framed picture of each child made into a magnet for their parents to have. The kiddos loved the bags!

All of the parents wanted a picture of their child with the teacher. It was like a paparazzi attack! Here is a picture of me with one of my sweet and adorable kids. She was dressed like a princess. I will miss her so much! How could you not love that beautiful face?



Song Lyrics

These songs are great to sing! They are catchy and adorable. I am not sure where they are from, as my school has used them for years. Just a disclaimer, I did not come up with the words or the music for these songs. Nonetheless, they are excellent to use for a Kindergarten Celebration or a Kindergarten Graduation!

"ABCs and 123s" (to the tune of the Addams Family song)
"We've learned our ABCs 
And counting 123s
And now we know all these,
The kindergarten class!"

"And we learned how to share
And we learned how to care
Just ask us if you dare,
the kindergarten class."

"It seems we've just begun,
And now it's almost done!
This year's been so much fun,
The kindergarten class!"

"Now we must say so long 
With this our little song
But we'll be back before long!
The kinderarten class!"

"K-I-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-T-E-N" (To the tune of Mickey Mouse Club song)
"This year is almost over
and we don't want it to end
K-I-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-T-E-N"

"Reading, writing, numbers
And making lots of friends,
K-I-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-T-E-N"

"Kindergarten!
We had fun!
Kindergarten!
We had fun!
We know that we can do it if we 
TRY, TRY, TRY!"

"So, off we go, 
but don't you know
That we will not forget...
K-I-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-T-E-N"

(Repeat entire song once more)

"First Grade, First Grade" (To the tune of "New York, New York")

"Start spreading the news....
We're leaving today....
We want to be a part of it!
First grade, first grade...
We've worked very hard...
Our teachers are proud...
So open up those doors to
First grade, first grade!

"We know our (clap clap) alphabet
And our (clap clap) numbers too!
We all can write our names
And tie our shoes...."

"So when summer's done
And we're finished with play
Our moms will send us all to
First grade, first grade!"

"If we can (clap clap) make it here,
We'll make it (clap clap) anywhere,
So here we come, 
First grade, first grade!"

*Chirp, Chirp!*
~Natalie




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Blog. You are a natural writer. The celebrations today were wonderful and I am sad I will not get to celebrate with the classes tomorrow. I am not sure how you follow a blog....but I am going to find out so I can follow you and Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so incredibly sweet! I am so glad you can see it! I have been working like a mad woman on it! I have always loved writing! I am glad you enjoy my writing! :) You will be there is spirit tomorrow!

      Delete