Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My First Chirp

Looks like this will be my very first blog post...or "chirp" as I like to call it!! I am so excited to join the technical world of blogging! I am also thrilled to be able to share my teaching ideas with others through publishing posts and pictures. 

I decided to begin blogging when my good friend and co-worker, Jamie Gordon (www.kindergartenfriends.blogspot.com), encouraged me to create a blog to connect with other people and teachers. After seeing her adorable blog, I begged my husband to make me one. He is a techy nerd so it worked out well for me. I think he did a pretty great job! He worked very hard and after getting over the initial shock of my blog title (The Polka Dotted Chirp), he rolled with it and made it look as adorable as I could imagine it to be! 

So a little bit about my blog and me! I am 27 years old and I live just outside of Charleston, South Carolina. I am on cloud nine because there are only six days left of school this year. It is bittersweet because I have an amazingly sweet group of kids this year, but it definitely time for a little (or big) break! This upcoming school year will start my sixth year as a kindergarten teacher. I graduated from the College of Charleston with a Bachelor's of Science in Early Childhood Education. I recently finished up my Master's degree with a specialization in literacy and reading strategies. Now that I don't have homework every night (thank God!) I can concentrate on those things that make me happy...like my new found interest in blogging and organizing ideas for next school year! My teaching style is fun and energetic. I love teaching kindergarten because it gives me a chance to be a kid again. 

Through this blog, I hope to share some good ideas in regards to lesson planning, organization, and teaching in general. I love teaching and I love sharing ideas. Another thing I absolutely love are polka dots. And...my class theme is both polka dots and birds. I love whimsy little birds...they make me happy. In fact, I call my students my little "tweethearts." So, it is obvious where I came up with the name for my blog. What is better than a polka dotted bird? Not too much. 

Well, for a first post, I would say this isn't too bad. But, since it is getting past my bedtime and considering we have our Kindergarten Graduation tomorrow, I better get some rest. Here's to some fun and exciting future blog posts! 

*Chirp Chirp*
 Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment