Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Yumm-O

Polka-Dotted "Pie" One of the best parts of having summers off is honing my cooking skills (or lack thereof) and trying some new recipes! I want to share one of my absolute favorite recipes that is always a hit at my house. The hubby loves it and it is a great little casserole to take to any gathering. The best part...it is SUPER simple to do and involves very little brain power. If you can follow a recipe, you can do it! My kind of cooking! I was given this recipe at one of my bridal showers. My friends threw me a recipe shower and every person brought their favorite recipe! This one has become a staple at my house! Drumroll.....

Spaghetti Pie

8oz. box of spaghetti
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 tbs. salt 
1/4 tbs. pepper
Two 8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use the block kind and shred it myself)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the spaghetti on the stove as usual. Drain and place in a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.  Cook the hamburger meat in a skillet until it is no longer pink.  Drain. Stir in the salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato sauce into the ground beef.  Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 20 minutes to let the flavors blend. Combine sour cream, green onions, and cream cheese in a bowl--mix together. Spread this mixture over the cooked spaghetti that is in the casserole dish. Spread with a spatula. Top with the meat mixture from the stove. Spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Take the foil off and bake for an additional 5 minutes to make the cheese extra bubbly! It is seriously delish! 







No comments:

Post a Comment