Thursday, June 18, 2015

*Big Changes*



To say my blog has taken a "backseat" is a bit of an understatement.   Unknowingly, 2015 has brought about some big changes for me and my husband, Ryan. In October he accepted a position 3 hours from Charleston in our hometown of Cheraw, South Carolina. Deciding to leave the Holy City was a hard choice to make, but being close to family and friends has been wonderful. 

With the big move came some even bigger changes for me. I have taught kindergarten for the past 7 years. At my school I made lifelong friendships with my fellow teachers and had the pleasure of being with the sweetest children I have ever met. Leaving all of those people behind was, by far, the most difficult part. Saying goodbye is never easy and even thinking about searching for another job made me shudder. Luckily for me, I accepted a position at a great little school and I am excited for a new adventure---in 3rd grade (eek!). We shall see how it goes... :) At least now I have my mom close by to help me decorate my classroom! Unbeknownst to her....

Ryan and I are in the process of building another house in a sweet little neighborhood in Cheraw. We chose a floor plan and recently signed a contract with a local builder to get it started. I am excited for this new phase in our lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment