Monday, June 10, 2013

Made it Monday!

~Made it Monday~
Happy Monday everyone! Phew! I must say, it felt pretty darn good to NOT have to get up early this morning! In fact, I slept in until 10:30! Nothing like starting the summer by getting TOTALLY off the routine. I'll be grouchy come August when I have to go back to the same old, same old! But for now, it's been amazing! 

I am so excited to link up with 4th Grade Frolics to share some things for my Made it Monday! In my Sunday Funday post, I talked about the dinner I made and saved the recipe for my seven layer salad to share today! It was the first time I made it and I actually got the idea from a faculty party we had last week! I made this huge, delicious and EASY salad and plan to eat off of it for the next week! Yum! Here is the recipe:

Seven Layer Salad

1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 bag of frozen peas
1 red onion
1 pack of bacon
8 boiled eggs
1 back of cheddar cheese (2 cups)
1 and 1/4 cup of mayo
2 tbsp. white sugar
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Steps:
1.) Lay the peas out to thaw. I actually forgot to do this so I heated them on the stove on low heat until they had thawed. Drain and pat dry.
2.) Boil eggs (if desired) and let cool. After they are cool, chop them up into quarters or smaller.
3.) Cut up the entire head of lettuce and place in a glass bowl.
4.) Chop up the onion and layer on top of the lettuce
5.) Layer the peas on top of the onion layer.
6.) Layer eggs on top of the peas.
7.) Layer bacon on top of the eggs.
8.) Finish by covering with the bag of cheddar cheese.
9.) In a separate bowl, mix mayo, sugar, and parmesan cheese to make the dressing.
The recipe I used called for it to be spread atop the salad. However, my husband doesn't like mayo so I left if off of the salad and stored it in a separate container for my portion. I think the dressing is delicious! 
Obviously, this recipe is hard to screw up and you can substitute and add whatever you wish! You can make it a 15 layer salad if you want to! If you have a pretty glass bowl, it makes for a good presentation as well. Here is what it will look like:

So, aside from loving my new and super easy salad recipe, I have been working like a mad woman to make some cute stuff for my TpT store and for my classroom. I teach in SC and this coming school year is the first year we implement the Common Core State Standards fully. My eyeballs about popped out of my head when I saw the list of 126 words! I basically needed to redo my entire word wall, so what other theme would I use than a polka dot theme? It took me a while to make, but I think it will be perfect! Head on over to my TpT store and check it out if you're feeling frisky! Click below:
Needless to say, this Made it Monday has been a success! I plan to make my entire summer a "Made it" summer. I have so many ideas and recipes to try! I am sure I will be sharing even more! Head on over to 4th Grade Frolics by clicking the button and share what you made!

Thanks for reading!
*Chirp Chirp!*
~Natalie

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted this recipe. Thank you for sharing! Your blog is adorable! And I'm so jealous that you are so close to North Myrtle Beach. We used to vacation there for years when I was a kid!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete